What is Herstorical Travels?
If you’ve ever been traveling, then you know that it can be a life-changing experience.
Just like that, we have something in common: we both love to travel
Not just travel, though, we love learning about other people, cultures, and places. It feeds our souls to get out of our hometowns and explore the unknown.
Well, at least that’s how I look at travel!
One of my life mottos is, “When you know better, do better.” – Maya Angelou. I take that to heart and use it for Herstorical Travels. I believe that if people went out and learned about more than meaningless gossip or people’s “perfect” lives on Instagram, then they would be more open to new ideas and people.
Herstorical Travels is a resource for the traveler that loves learning about stuff that others either aren’t talking about or aren’t interested in talking about. That’s why I took out the “his” in “history” and replaced it with “her”. Many times, the mainstream ignores the complex and thought-provoking things because they shake up the comfortable status quo. Well, Herstorical Travels is here to provide new ideas, new places to go, or even new perspectives about old places.
For example, I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m tired of searching on Google for “non-touristy things to do in …” and finding nothing but touristy things to do…Or, worse, when you arrive somewhere and try to find the real culture! It’s always covered up with half-truths in famous museums and monuments (the Eiffel Tower)…
So, I decided to make a resource for travelers like me.
Herstorical Travels strives to make your trip worth your money and time by:
- Being a resource for travelers with an interest in historical places and events
- Inspiring newbie and/or veteran travelers to get out into the world and explore through travel stories
- Providing general help such as trip planning, culture shock, travel hacks, and even how to work/study abroad
Who Am I?
My name is Paris. Yes, I know I just dissed the Eiffel Tower, but we don’t choose our names!
Anyways, I’m the founder of Herstorical Travels. I am everyone: CEO, Social Media Manager, Accountant, everyone. As of right now, of course.
You might be wondering how I’m qualified to give you travel advice. My answer to that is simple.
Between 2018 and now, I have:
- Studied abroad in Paris (yes, I know!)
- Traveled to multiple countries (England, Italy, Ghana, etc.)
- Been accepted into a prestigious English teaching program in France (TAPIF)
- Wrote multiple travel grants (I’ve planned a lot of trips, solo, and group)
Also, I was an overachiever in college. I was a triple major. Yes, that means that I earned three undergraduate degrees while traveling the world!
I have a degree in History, one in French, and the last in Black World Studies.
They overlap in some ways, but earning each degree pushed me to my limits! Good limits (most of the time).
Other fun facts about me:
- I love red velvet cake even though I don’t like regular chocolate cake
- I’m a serious book junkie. I can spend hours in BN, HPB, and the nearest bookstore in whatever city I’m visiting
- I’m sarcastic and blunt, but I’m not mean, I promise! I just don’t get why people sugarcoat things when they can simply say what they mean. It’s exhausting
- I love shopping for clothes, shoes, hair products, etc. Retail therapy is very relaxing to me!
I hope you’ve gotten the answers to your questions from above, but if you didn’t, then email me.
Lastly, feel free to look around the blog. There’s going to be plenty more to see in the future!
Thanks for reading,